Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Scary day
I had a pretty bad day today.
It started out normal, as with any other day...I ate breakfast.....barfed it right back up......got ready for work....barfed on the way....and then got to work.....all was 'normal'....

I had been to work for about 15 minutes when I felt the urge to barf...so I got up from my chair and ran towards the bathroom....as I was running I made it about 10 strides when I fell and landed smack dab on my stomach I started to freak out and cry because I automatically thought OMG I just fell on my stomach I just killed my baby.....those were the thoughts running through my head...as I laid on the ground crying from the pain of the gigantic rug burn I got on my elbow area...I remembered the reason I was running in the first place and said "oh my god I'm gonna barf" and jumped up and ran to the bathroom....a co worker followed me in there and held my hair...hahahaha....that was kind of funny....but it was a nice gesture.
Afterwards she put some ointment on my rug burned elbow and a bandage....and when I got back to my office everyone was concerned and worried....naturally....the pregnant lady just fell ON HER STOMACH! They were right to be worried....

I called the hospital for some advice as to what to do....I told the woman who answered the phone what happened and her exact words were "and WHY are you on the phone and not in the ER?" I said....ok I just didn't know what I was supposed to do....this has never happened to me before....she said "get here now"

So I had a coworker take me to the ER and my Husband met me there....I had to have the coworker pull over on the freeway once becuase I had to barf something fierce and she has a nice convertible BMW....and I didn't think it would be too thoughtful of me to barf in there! She pulled right on over and I barfed....and we went on our merry way......
When I got to the hospital ER there were other people there waiting but I was told to go right on back (that's a first) and they had me pee in a cup to test for blood in my urine...and they checked for the babys heartbeat....the RN found it right away.....what a releif!!!
After she left I stripped down to my undies and waited for the doc to come in...he was very nice....said "never wear those shoes again" as a little joke.....I said...funny I've heard that "joke" 3 times since the fall! hahhaha
anyway.....he checked me all out...and said I looked fine....and baby seemed to be happy still in there.....but just to be safe he did an ultrasound.....I was SOOO happ to see my baby in there jumping allllll around....it was hard to get a shot of the baby becuase it was on a trampoline and just kept bouncing everywhere and bouncing right off the screen...it was cute. I was admitted just to be watched for a while....but later released when all seemed well enough to go home......I took the rest of the day off.....per docs orders...and am scheduled to go to my normal OB for a follow up visit tomorrow at 10:30 am just for one last check to make sure all is well still.

On the way home from the hospital....I had the NEED to barf again...I was on the phone with my sister and the hubby was driving.....I said I HAVE TO BARF.....I got off the phone with my sister real quick...he pulled over and I jumped out...barfed in someones yard...and hopped back in the car and we drove away....hahahaha...looking back that was kind of funny!

The only good thing about today was we got to see our baby again.....that was unexpected because our next scan is not until 20 weeks....but we got to see our little jumping bean today :) Here is the shot.....it's blurry...but it's still a picture :)

12 weeks 1 day ultrasound


and here is the same shot with some 'markers' for reference :)

12 weeks 1 day ultrasound with explination


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke, Carley here. I'm glad Baby is okay ::hugs:: keep safe girl...

<3 Carley

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWW!! I am so sorry you had that scare!! Thankfully CEOGeek is a-ok!! WHEW!! Don't scare auntie crash that way!!!!! And you are pregnant, have you not heard of barefoot?????? ;)

Blogger tammy said...

What a scare I am glad all is well with the Jumping Bean!!! I hope your barfeys end soon. I will say a prayer that all will continue to go well but I am sure they will. Too funny about barfing on those people lawn. Lucky them lol.
Take care and get some rest.
Tammy

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer